The latest release provides excellent protection for your computer with several new security enhancements such as added SysInspector module for analyzing running processes on computer, added SysRescue module for creating bootable discs and USB flash drives, etc.
It provides on access, on-demand, scheduled, heuristic and manual scan services. Based on the ThreatSense scanning engine, it continues to deliver unmatched protection against zero-day attacks, without the need for constant signature updates to recognize the threats.
It provides maximum protection when surfing the web by blocking malicious scripts in the web browser from executing. Moreover it checks emails and attachments for infection and now it possible to scan incoming mail not only in MS Outlook but also in Outlook Express, Thunderbird and Windows Mail.
- support for Microsoft Windows Live Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird mail user agents
- scanning of SSL-encrypted HTTPS and POP3S traffic
- integrated SysRescue module for creating bootable discs and USB flash drives
- integrated SysInspector module for analyzing runnings processes on computer
- device driver-based cleaning module to remove malware which runs at boot time
- Watch Activity pane graphs File and Network Activity with second, minute or hour precision
- text mode interface for compatibility with screen-readers and other assistive technologies
This new release optimized for the Windows Security Center, including Vista. The background Scanning Mode allows you to scan you computer without slowing down performance.
More details and download are available from ESET’s beta release page.