Experts say that the hard drive needs to be defragmented once in a week or month depending on the PC usage for better performance of your PC.
Ok that Windows have built-in defragging tool, but its performance is poor, especially in the older versions of OSs.
If you are still using Windows own defragging tool, try Puran Defrag (now free version available which is identical to the paid version) and see the difference.
Unlike similar free tools, it offers many advanced options like Automatic defrag, Boot Time Defragmentation for system files like registry, Low Priority Defrag for work while defrag experience, etc.
Main features are:
- Automatic Defragmentation for worry free defrag
- Boot Time Defragmentation for system files like MFT
- Low Priority Defrag for work while defrag experience
- Individual File/Folder Defrag for selective defrag
- Puran Intelligent Optimizer - PIOZR
- Directories Consolidation for speed boost
- Optimization by Freeing Space