There are two different types of installations – The standard installation and a server installation. A standard installation sets up a standard printer for PDFCreator and allows that computer to create PDF documents, Bitmap images, and Postscript files.
A server installation sets up a network printer for PDFCreator and allows computers on your network to create PDF documents, Bitmap images, and Postscript files remotely. If you use a server installation on a terminal server, make sure that you do not install PDFCreator in application mode.Features of PDFcreator
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems