Unfortunately yes, because nowadays spammers are take different techniques to delude mail provider’s spam blockers, for example by constantly changing email address, etc. Most importantly, with the constant threat of malicious codes entering your computer through spam mails, you need to take some extra precaution against it.
Here are some free and efficient tools to block spam e-mails. I am giving only a brief description of each programs, you need to verify each ones features before using it.
1. Spamihilator: This is a self learning (Bayesian spam filtering) spam filter add-on for Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, Windows mail and others.
2. Agnitum Spam terrier: This is an efficient and free spam blocker based on Bayesian spam filtering technique for users of Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail (in Vista) and The Bat which provides self-learning protection against unwanted emails (known as spam).
3. SpamFighter: This is a strong and quite popular spam filter add-on for Microsoft’s mail clientOutlook, Outlook express and Windows mail. This add-on helps you fight against spam mails and automatically and effectively filter phishing and spam fraud on your Outlook mail client.
4. MailWasher: It is powerful spam blocker software to effectively stop email spam. This application stop spam, viruses and phishing emails so they never get to your inbox and view email on the server before it gets to your computer.
5. Comodo AntiSpam: Comodo AntiSpam is an intuitive, easy-to-use, client-based software product that eliminates spam forever from your computer's email system. It uses 'Passcode Authentication' technology, a patent-pending, active-filtering algorithm, to authenticate the sender of each incoming email message.
7. Spam Expert: This product is compatible with Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Netscape, Opera, PocoMail, Pegasus Mail, WinMail, The Bat and Eudora. The first 30 days you will receive complete functionality. After 30 days SpamExperts Desktop will switch to the free SpamExperts Desktop Limited version.
8. Abuse: An open source application which will help you fight back spam.
It will "read" any e-mail header, go on-line and check NICs, open relay DBs and black-listed IP ranges to discover the address of the abuse-desk you should write to. Further it will tell you if the sender's IP address is an open relay or is blacklisted as a spam source.
9. The Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 junk e-mail filter - The Microsoft Office Outlook Junk E-mail Filter updates provide a more up-to-date definition of e-mail messages that are considered to be junk e-mail or not junk e-mail. As part of the ongoing commitment to reduce junk e-mail on your system, periodic updates will be provided to Outlook users.
10. Mail Guard: With MailGuard you will be able to reduce your Spam woes in two different ways: 1. You can elect to bounce any email you deem undesirable. This will then cause the sender to believe that your email address doesn't exist. 2. You can delete the email before downloading it from your mail server thereby saving you time and ensuring you only download the email you actually want.
11. SpamAware: This is a plugin for Ms-Outlook and MS-Outlook Express. It uses SpamAssassin to score new incomming mails and decides based on the settings made in options what to do with the mail. The application is completely functional after installation and gets automatically active on new mails. It supports Black- and Whitelist filtering and is able to automatically add all your Outlook and Outlook Express contacts and add recipients of mails you write to the Whitelist.
12. Mail box Dispatcher: Mail Box Dispatcher is a spam blocker tool that allows previewing and preprocessing messages before they will be received by your e-mail program. Blocks spam, viruses and other unwanted emails without receiving them. Built-in self-learning Spam Detector helps you to recognize spam messages.
13. Cactus Spam Filter: This is a free easy-to-use spam blocker. It protects your inbox by learning to detect spam as it’s being used. After a short while it has adapted to your personal mailbox and blocks out most of the junk e-mail. Since the filter becomes personal, spammers will not be able to fool it. This spam stopper integrates seamlessly with all e-mail clients that use POP3 such as Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Netscape, Opera, Mozilla, Thunderbird, Eudora, Pegasus Mail, IncrediMail, Foxmail, etc
Nice list. Really usefulReplyDelete