The heuristic virus detection method (advanced behavioral virus detection technique) along with virus signature database technique makes this program a powerful weapon against all types of cyber threats.
Ease of use, Active Defense technology, Patented unknown virus scan and clean technology, light weight, Smart update and Auto protection features make RISING Antivirus ' install-and-forget ' product. The default settings are enough for most users.
This light weight, feature rich (comparing with other popular free antivirus programs like Avast, AVG, Avira, etc) and free antivirus software has the following main specialties.
Auto protection allows users to protect their computer against viruses when opening unknown files, receiving or sending files and browsing web sites. Auto protection part includes:
- Script Blocking - used to monitor script executions within the browser and block web viruses and malicious web scripts.
- Email Monitor- used to scan incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) email for viruses.
- File Monitor - used to monitor all operations in the file system and to scan and clean viruses during file access.
Active defense section includes
- System Reinforcement- Monitor and protects OS vulnerabilities against system attack by malicious programs.
- Application Access Control- monitors suspicious programs to limit their access to computer resources.
- Application Protection- Protects specified applications from attack by malicious programs. A user can customize protection for online games, instant messengers, etc.
- Program Startup Control-Allows the user to monitor the startup process of specified programs thus detecting when any modifications to the program, an attempt to execute malicious code or malicious code attempts to execute a valid application to complete its task.
- Malicious Behavior Control-monitors programs running in memory for activity that appears to be malicious or performing actions similar to known viruses, Trojans and worms. This type of behavioral detection is known as heuristic detection.
- Hidden Process Detection- Detects process that can not see in the Windows Task manager that may contain malicious codes including rootkits. This used to identify processes that may have been loaded prior to the execution of security software and other parts of the OS.
- Anti virus, worms, Trojans
- Anti Rootkit
- Mail Protection(POP3/SMTP)
- Application Protection(RISING unique Account Safe function protects your online bank, online game, MSN, E-mail account, Yahoo Messenger and other private information.),
- Proactive Defence(protects your security safe from malicious program) ,
- Application Access Control ,
- Program Startup Control ,
- Malicious Behavior Detection ,
- Hidden Process Detection ,
- Multiple Languages ,
- High Speed Update Service ,
- Support Service,
The software is light on system resources and takes below 10 seconds more for booting my system. The scanning time is also not that much bad. Its smart updating service is also fast as it says.
[Note: If you want to see the comparison result with other antivirus programs, just visit any of the following sites AV-Test.org, Virus bulletin or Virus.gr (these sites are said to be the best for conducting performance tests). However, in my belief, testing them yourselves is the best method. ]
About Rising: “Rising was founded in 1991 just when the initial stage of Zhong Guan Cun. It was the earliest symbol of computer antivirus in China. In the test and evaluation of anti-viruses which is organized by the Ministry of Public Security, Rising Antivirus Personal Edition and Network Edition have both won the top award and keep this honor for 5 years.
Currently, Rising has 60 million individual users and over 70000 enterprise users. Its main software products have been put into the global market in five language, namely simplified & traditional Chinese, English, Russian, German and Japanese version”.You can download it from here
Thanks for the details. Now I am using Avast anti-virus for my protection. Now I thinking of Rising - RajReplyDelete