AVG Internet Security 8 comes with splendid features such as powerful anti-virus scanning engine, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit, Firewall, anti-spam and LinkScanner and identifies and stops all threats before they can become a problem to you.
- 1. The special feature LinkScanner™ technology verifies every individual web page for malicious contents. It works with major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN and displays an icon at the right side of every search results which indicates whether the link is safe to visit or not (works properly with Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers).
- 2. The powerful antivirus scanning engine protects against viruses, worms and Trojans. It detects and delete or quarantine suspicious files. Frequent virus definition updates keep your system free from latest threats.
- 3. Anti-Spyware safeguards against spyware and adware from stealing your personal information. It keeps track of your keystrokes and scans for any spyware or adware.
- 4. Anti-Rootkit stops stealthy hidden threats. A root-kit is a malicious program that hides in the system files and a normal anti-virus can’t detect it.
- 5. Anti-Spam filters out unwanted and potentially fraudulent e-mails. This allows most e-mail clients to filter out and save the spam into a special spambox. The component combines a number of analyzing methods to process each e-mail message for best results.
- 6. The integrated email scanner scans every incoming mail for viruses. Any threat detected is impelled to the virus vault.
- 7. Firewall prevents unauthorized access to your computer. By using Firewall one can block specific ports of their computer, thus preventing the risk of external as well as internal attacks.
- 8. The Resident shield features continuously monitors every actions and prevents malicious files being executed.