GFI has now offers a free Backup and restore software to home users. It is an easy-to-use, powerful, professional and wizard-interfaced program. Main features of GFI Backup 2009 are:
2. Run as a service - GFI Backup 2009 has a service component that allows the user to run a backup even when all the users are logged off.
3. It allows open files backup by using the Volume Shadow Copy Service of Windows
4. Free plug-ins installed by default to facilitate the backup of email and rules for Microsoft Outlook , Outlook Express, Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, Eudora and many user settings
5. Version control, incremental and differential backups to back up only new/changed files, or to delete from the current backup the files that don't exist anymore in the source location
6. Standard ZIP64 archives (unlimited in size) and self-extracting backups - It doesn't use proprietary archive formats like other backup programs do. It uses the standard Zip file format. This makes it very easy to restore data manually form the backup archive even if GFI Backup 2009 is not installed.
7. GFI Backup 2009 uses military strength 256-bit AES strong encryption to protect backed up data privacy.
8. You can select external programs to run before the backup will start or after it ends. Also there is the possibility to shut down the computer automatically after the backup task is done.
9. Users can filter selected files using filename masks, for instance users can choose to backup only .doc files in a certain folder or exclude all .exe files from another folder.
10. Detailed logs of all backup operations - GFI Backup 2009 writes local logs of all backup operations, so you can determine what was backed up, start & end times, elapsed times, summary information, operation status, possible warnings and errors.
11. Synchronize operations of your data - GFI Backup 2009 offers you a synchronization engine for staying up to date with your data.
More information and download a free copy of GFI Backup 2009 from here.