However, I found some simple tips on the net to make an old extension works with Firefox 3.5 browser. Even though this is not a recommended method, it’s working perfectly well.
- First of all download the extension ‘Close tab on doable click’ from here (right click on the download link and save).
- Change the extension xpi to zip by renaming it. (Example: ctodc.xpi to ctodc.zip)
- Open it by a zip archive (Example 7 Zip). Right click and open install.rdf file using Notepad (see screenshot)- Locate this line <em:maxversion>3.0</em:maxversion> and change 3.0 to 3.5. Save and close.
- Next re-change zip extension to xpi as it was done previously. That’s all. Just drag this extension to the address bar of the Firefox 3.5 to install.
Other solutions to make your extension works with Firefox 3.5: 1. Follow this Lifehacker tips.
2. You can also try this Nightly tester tool extension to Firefox which will override the incompatibility.