The program collects system information like operating system, process, registry entries, installed software, etc and saves the information as a log file. We can send this file at Kaspersky lab for troubleshooting technical issues.
At Kaspersky lab this file is being analyzed and give solutions for the followings: incompatible software installed (recommend update), possible malware on the system (both known and unknown), and program function errors (installation, use, uninstall etc.).The whole process requires only a few minutes.
1. To start, the user should download and run the following file: http://telecharger.kaspersky.fr/GSI/GetSystemInfo.exe
2. By default, the settings are set to collect recommended information from the system. (In most cases, a recommended level scan will provide the information necessary to troubleshoot an issue).
3. Before running the utility on the system, it is recommended to close all other applications running on the system.
4. When the utility is finished, it will create a zipped folder on the user’s desktop that contains the information about the system. (Typical size of the log files ranges from 800KB to 1.2 MB)5. You can now upload the log file to the online parser at:http://www.getsysteminfo.com/
6. When the upload of the report file is finished, the first screen you will see is the summary table. This table easily allows you to view potential issues that may present in the system. More information about Kaspersky GSI.