When you click a mailto link from Firefox browser (3.5x) it will redirect you to Gmail login page. If you are a Gmail user it is quite convenient. But this is not the case with Opera.
However you can do the same in Opera also. All you need to do is to add two lines in the Opera mailproviders ini file. Just follow as described below.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Opera\defaults
- Find ebmailprovidersini file (in Windows7 - webmailproviders) and open it with Notepad. (For Windows7 do as follows: Start – Notepad – Right click on Notepad and select ‘Run as Administrator’ – File menu – Open – select ‘All files’ - and browse to the webmailproviders and open it)
- Now enter the following code at the bottom of the ini file:
- Save the file and close it.
- Now run Opera and click Preferences.
- Go to Advanced – Programs and select mailto
- Click the Edit button and click the Use a Web mail service button.
- Select Gmail from the list and click OK and restart Opera for the change to take effect.
That’s all (tested with Opera 10). Thanks to Webtalks for this nice tips.
Post a Comment
Please leave your valuable comment below