However you can do the same in Opera also. All you need to do is to add two lines in the Opera mailproviders ini file. Just follow as described below.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Opera\defaults
- Find ebmailprovidersini file (in Windows7 - webmailproviders) and open it with Notepad. (For Windows7 do as follows: Start – Notepad – Right click on Notepad and select ‘Run as Administrator’ – File menu – Open – select ‘All files’ - and browse to the webmailproviders and open it)
- Now enter the following code at the bottom of the ini file:
- Save the file and close it.
- Now run Opera and click Preferences.
- Go to Advanced – Programs and select mailto
- Click the Edit button and click the Use a Web mail service button.
- Select Gmail from the list and click OK and restart Opera for the change to take effect.
That’s all (tested with Opera 10). Thanks to Webtalks for this nice tips.