The wait for the final stable build of Firefox 3.6 is over. Mozilla has finally released Firefox 3.6 with several improvements and features.
As per the release note, this new version is faster and more responsive than previous versions, and has included the following new features.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Made some changes to how we allow third party software to integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.