Of course Windows 7 and Vista has built-in facility for resizing the hard drive, but for complicated operations like partition recovery, rebuild master boot record, and the like required powerful partition manager software.
Partition Wizard is such a free tool that can perform various operations like resizing, copying, creating, deleting, formatting, converting and explore partitions, change drive letter, set active partition, recover lost partition, etc.
Following are some of the advanced features of Partition Wizard:
- Create, Delete and Format partitions with simple steps.
- Disk Copy to protect or transfer data.
- Support disk and partition size larger than 2 TB.
- Convert partition format from FAT to NTFS.
- Copy the entire hard disk to another without having to reinstall Windows.
- Rebuild MBR.
- Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk.
- Disk Surface Test.
- Change Partition Serial Number and more.
The program supports (download it here) Windows 7, Vista and XP -32/64bits.