SmartPower is very easy to configure and it uses only minimal system resources. Smart Power is particularly suited to Windows Home Servers, torrent/download boxes and HTPCs.
SmartPower's main goal is to hibernate, suspend, or shutdown your PC. This utility lets you create rules that prevent this happening. When SmartPower sees that no rules currently apply it will initiate hibernate (or suspend, or shutdown).
The potential rules are:
- One or more schedules are active - A schedule is a period of time during which the PC must stay on. By default SmartPower will wake-up your PC in order to honour a schedule.
- One or more devices are online - A device is anything on your network that will respond to a ping.
- Network throughput (the bytes flowing through a particular interface) is above a configurable threshold.
- CPU usage is above a configurable threshold.
- One or more processes are running - A process is a Windows process.
SmartPower can be downloaded (556Kb) free at source