This new beta version of Avast free for Mac has almost been completely reworked compared with its previous paid solution for the Mac OS and has a brand new GUI. The public beta has the following Features:
- On-demand scanning: Lets you scan the whole file system, network volumes, or a mounted removable volume.
- On-screen alerts: Alert messages are displayed on-screen whenever a threat is detected.
- File Shield: The File Shield scans the binaries of started applications and all files at the time they are modified.
- Web Shield: The Web Shield monitors and filters all HTTP traffic coming from web sites on the Internet. Connections from your web browser are redirected to the Web Shield module. The Web Shield in turn connects to the requested web server and while downloading the content, it simultaneously scans it for viruses and Trojans. Only clean data is delivered to the browser, all malware is stopped before it gets saved on your Mac.
- Mail Shield: The Mail Shield monitors and filters all POP3 and IMAP traffic coming from mail servers on the internet. It does not prevent saving of infected files, it just detects them.
- File Shield: prevents any infected attachments from causing harm to your system.
- Automatic updates: The scanning engine is automatically updated with Avast’s regular VPS database updates.
More details and download available at source here
Post a Comment
Please leave your valuable comment below