You can turn off, restart, hibernate or suspend your computer, logout user, lock workstation, display text, play selected sound file, start or end selected application, make screenshot, send keystroke, and many more. That is you can program your PC to perform certain actions without needing your constant attention.
Marxio Timer has a user friendly, simple interface, many keyboard shortcuts to quick action and almost all visual control has a hint describing its function, so even program manual is not needed, even for kids.
Main usage of Marxio Timer:
1. Timer - shutting down computer or reboot at specific time
2. Parental control - Locks computer after specified time elapses, thus blocking children to play games - password needed to unlock computer or make screenshots every 10 seconds for further preview,
3. Energy saver - computer enters hibernate/standby mode after specified "idle time" elapses, saving your energy bills, or just makes itself quiet when you are already aslept
4. Reminder - displays text or plays sound at the time you specified, like every 30 min, once, after 30 min, in 30 min and so on
5. Running other applications - without using Windows Scheduler - timer works in background and executes specified program. When? Depends on You.
Marxio Timer is a freeware and works under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. You can download Marxio Timer portable version or installer from here.
This timer is the best I have ever seen. Not just small application that can only "turn off pc" or "hibernate it". Ther are thousand of that type, as if they were made by beginner programmers, but not Marxio Timer. This Timer is an excellent example how things can be combined to create an amazing software. Small, portable with TENS of actions to execute and not only "computer state" related but also acting as key strokker, mouse clicker, screenshot maker, reminder and whatever can be included there.ReplyDelete
Moreover, I liked it from version 1.3. Why ? My suggested scheduler setting was added. It took developer just few days to integrate it with Marxio Timer. Nice contact with author, frequent updates gives this Timer a first place on my favourite applications list. I'm nod kidding, check it youself too.