If you like to have this new theme for the current browser, Firefox 3.5 – 3.6, here is a theme called 'Strata40' which will transform your Firefox browser into a convincing Firefox 4 look a like.
To complete the work you will have to download other few add-ons also. to The whole detail, download link and installation procedure is available along with the above theme.
Here is a short description:
- Download and extract the theme and install it (drag the ‘strata40_v02.jar’ to Firefox - Tools – Add-ons – Themes)
- Move the ‘Stop and Reload’ buttons after the URL bar ( in Firefox - View – Tool bars-Customize – and drag both buttons)
- Install the add-on 'Personal menu' from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3895 (to remove and customize the toolbar buttons and menus)
- Download ‘All Glass Firefox Mod’ from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12181 (For Vista and 7 users’ only. It will give glassy, aero look, like in IE7/8).
- Install the Firefox add-on 'Stylish' from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108 (Vista and 7 users only). Copy the contents of ‘Glasser fixes.txt’ from the extracted mockup theme and paste it into a blank Stylish style. Name it something like "Strata40 - Glasser Fixes" and make sure it is activated. This will fix up a few things that were overridden by the glass addon.
- If you like to add 'Fission', install it from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1951. Go into the "Fission" addon's options and click "browse" and select the ‘loading_progress.png’ from the extracted mockup theme archive
The whole process takes little long time, but you will have a nice look to your Firefox browser, especially in Windows 7 and Vista. More details and download.